Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Love Incarnate

“Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”
—Jesus

In this rush-rush season of marketing, madness and materialism, while we may see the occasional scene of the Nativity on a front lawn or Christmas card, sadly, the baby Jesus seems to be losing popularity in this politically correct world. For many, the Christmas tree is more popular than the Christ Himself.

What does Christmas really mean to most people anymore?

Big family gatherings? Lavish turkey dinners with all the trimmings? Lots of presents?

For me, Christmas means Love came down. God came to save me; something I could never do for myself. The Bible says, "God is love."

Love incarnate.

It boggles the mind that the almighty God chose to humble Himself and come down to earth in the form of a tiny baby, born in a cold, smelly stable.

Ultimate power displays itself in ultimate humilityall to demonstrate true Love in it's most pure, selfless and sacrificial form.

Jesus taught that those who want to believe in Him will, and those who don't, wont.  

For most of my life I refused to believe in this "Jesus stuff."  I arrogantly mocked and rejected any message I heard about my need for a Savior.

But the God of Love did not come down to a world that has no need of saving.

The name Jesus means, "He will save His people from their sins." He came to save you because He loves you. 

Will you let that pure, selfless love sink deep into your skeptical heart today and melt it?

Jesus said:

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." (Revelation 3:20)

The God of Love stands gently knocking on the door of your heart today, asking to be invited in.


And only you can unlock the door from the inside and let Him in.

If you choose to...


God is Love and Love Never Fails

No comments:

Post a Comment