Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Measure of a Man


What is the true measure of a man?

Respect.

And that doesn't come cheap.  You have to earn it.

I know a very small group of men who are true friends who stick closer than a brother. They have earned my respect, and I theirs.  They are men who possess true battle-proven character and integrity. They are trustworthy, mature men. They would take a bullet for me, and I for them.

How many guys do you know who you could say that about?  How many men would you literally trust with your life? And with the lives of those dearest to you?

Not very many.

Examining my own life and character first, I ask, are you living a life, day-to-day, in the moment as man who walks worthy of respect?

Respect among men is an honor code.

Are you an honorable man?

Every day, but especially on this dayMother's Dayexamine yourself before God and ask, "am I a man who is worthy of respect?"

Do you treat your wife, your mom, or your daughter with love and respect?  How about how you treat women in general?

How do you measure up as a man?


God is Love and Love Never Fails.






No comments:

Post a Comment