Sunday, January 13, 2013

God's Precious Promises to you

"Which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." 
(2 Peter 1:4)

Many of God's people today are living in fear, or have been neutralized and rendered ineffective, because they have listened to the Enemy of our soulsthe father of lies, and have bought into the false accusations that the devil has made against them.

I believe the reason that many people are not living victoriously in Christ, is because they either do not remember who they are in Christ, or because they have never been taught who they are.

First and foremost, when you give your heart to Jesus Christ and are Born Again by God's Spirityou become a son or daughter of God Himself.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God." (Romans 8:14-16)

As God's own children, to you He has made many, many true and precious promises.

When the lying Enemy is trying to tell you that you are not really a child of God, that you're not saved, or that you're not going to make it, you cannot listen to these wicked voices. You must read, memorize, meditate on, and proclaim aloud the Word of God that tells you who you really are in Christ, and what God has promised to you as one of His children.

I believe that most anxiety, despair and even depression could be relieved, if people would stop listening to the Enemy, and stop buying into his lies. And instead, go to God's Word and believe what He says about youand what He says about Himselfas your Heavenly Father.

Here is a short list of just a few verses (there are many more in the Bible) that proclaim God's promises, protection and provision to usHis children. I've personalized a few of them to emphasize these are God's promises to younot just to some people in the Bible two or three thousand years ago. 

When you read through these verses, read them aloud. Proclaim them in faith. Personalize them. 

Own them.

They're yours.

GOD’s Precious Promises to you.

 “NO weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every voice which rises against me in judgment God shall condemn.”  (Isaiah 54:17)

 “For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)

 “Do not be afraid of their faces, For I Am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord.” (Jeremiah 1:8)

 “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord is my God. He is the One who goes with me. He will not leave me nor forsake me.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

“They shall not prevail against me.”  (Jeremiah 1:19)

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

“You have granted me life and favor, And Your care has preserved my spirit.” (Job 10:12)

 “The Lord is my strength, And He is the saving refuge of His anointed.´ (Psalm 28:8)

 “Trust in Him at all times; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.” (Psalm 62:8)

 “But my eyes are upon You, O' GOD the Lord; In You I take refuge.”  (Psalm 141:8)

 “You shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch you out of My hand.” (John 10:28)

 “God shall supply all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)

 “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.” (2 Sam 22:2-4)

 “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)

 “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27) 

This is God's Word.

Truth. 

Immutable. Unchanging. Rock-solid.

If you fill your heart and mind with God's Word, and His precious promises to you, there won't be room in your thoughts for the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Corruption, lust, immorality, perversion, wickednessthese things are all around us, every day, 24/7. But you don't have to fill your mind with these things. 

Mediate, chew on, digest, the Word of God.

And test every voice you hear, every teaching, and every man's opinion by the unchanging Word of God.

Then, when the lying voices of your Enemy comeand they will comeyou will be equipped by the Word and by the Holy Spirit, to submit to God, and resist the devil. And God's Word promises that when you do this, the devil must flee.

It's God's promise to you, and to me.


Believe it and receive it.

God is Love, and Love Never Fails.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment