Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Love Never Fails



We have all suffered loss. 

Our beloved family pet dies. A friend or family member passes on. A relationship dies. A beloved spouse steps into eternity.

Even though He was crucified and died, was buried and rose again, and ascended back to the heavens where He came from, our Bridegroom, Jesus, left us with this comforting promise: 

"Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the world." (Matthew 28:20)

He is with us in Spirit, in our hearts. He never leaves us. His love is with us, in our hearts, to be poured out. 

God is love.

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails."  (1 Corinthians 13:1-8)

You are not alone.

Jesus said,

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.” (John 14:15-18)

Jesus came to us through His indwelling Holy Spirit. He did not leave us alone as orphans. He kept His promise. He came to us, and He lives in us.

Just reach out to Him today, cry out His name.

You are not alone.


God is love and Love Never Fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment